July 6, 2007

Hot air balloon ride

Finally, the hot air balloon ride! After a year and a half of rescheduling due to weather we got on it and rode! You missed out Doy... Our pilot was a crazy Swede, who thought skimming the houses over the golf course would be heaps of entertainment. I've never seen so many folks scampering about in their bathrobes to take a photo. But then, how many times have I hovered 10 feet above their house... Every time that crazy Swede fired the burners I thought the top of my head was going to melt. The landing was interesting, we put down in a marsh between some power lines... I told you he was crazy. Apparently we were running low on fuel and he wasn't confident that we had enough to clear the lines.


And then mixed berry crepes at the Huckleberry, does a morning get any better?

No comments: