September 19, 2008

Yokohama Triennale

Went to the Yokohama Triennale - Time Crevasse modern art show that Mariko had suggested. Modern art exhibits are very much hit or miss affairs with me - usually miss. Artists need to explain why the did something or what it was they were trying to accomplish or what limitations they were imposing on themselves. Give me a little explanation and then I've something to judge otherwise I usually just find it odd.

So I entered the show with apprehension that, with limited ability to read Japanese, the show would be less than exciting. But my apprehensions were soon replaced with curiosity and wonder, it was a well put together show.

There was an animatronic marching band that was quite swell as was the hall of broken mirrors.Animatronic Marching Band Hall of broken mirrors

No comments: