March 17, 2009

curious coincidence

Eleven years since Dad died. I can't believe it's been so long. I'm surprisingly peaceful today. Don't misunderstand, I miss him terribly. But there is a difference between fighting the reality of the world and accepting the reality of the world. I've made a lot of progress.

I moved a pillow down to the floor so I could practice sitting Indian-style while writing email and a funny thing happened...

My right eye lined up perfectly with the peephole in the door and the sun. I was blinded with blue light. It felt like I was getting zapped with brilliant laser. If I moved my head slightly to left or right I could see brilliant reds and purples. It felt like looking into a rainbow end-wise.

I felt an immediate need to write my sister and tell her about it but wasn't sure what to write when... She called on the phone.

It was one of those strange moments when everything felt related: anniversary of Dad's death, brilliant light in a beautiful, strange way, and my sister's voice just at the moment I wanted to talk with her.

1 comment:

~WriterAlina~ (^_^) said...

Coincidence? I think not. It's funny how we have those kinds of experiences at just the right moments. ;-)