March 15, 2009

Danny & Laikens Wedding

My cousin Danny got married to his girlfriend Laiken at the First Baptist Church in Golden. It was strange to be back in the old stomping grounds of my college years.

And weddings are funny things anyways. I'm situated in a room full of people and I don't recognize many of them. I'm not sure if I should Is that my second cousin, what's their name? The guilt at not recognizing your own family...

After seeing weddings from some Asian cultures, I try and see the festival through a foreigner's eyes. What would a Laos person think about all of this?

I get seated with the rest of the rowdy family members - in the corner. It was good to Corky and Carol and plan family camping trips for this summer. To see Betty, Susie, Norm and Brittany. How is it that I don't have a picture of her yellow pumps?!? Good to see Danette, Larry and Scooter. Ed and Karen and Joleen were all preoccupied with wedding stuff.

Susie & Betty at D&L Wedding

Somehow I don't have a single decent picture of Danny & Laiken. I'll post one when they send one to me.

No comments: