April 2, 2008

Flat tires or just good luck

Flat tire on way to Besisahar Day 1. The bus ride from Kathmandu to Besisahar. Not a great start for me as I was having a terrible case of diarrhea. Even with a couple rest stops and food breaks, 6 hours on a bus sounded like torture... Fortunately we got a flat tire! Anything to stop for a moment to use the roadside shrubbery...







Flat tire Day 25. The bus ride from Birethani to Pokhara. I wasn't even praying for a stop on this bus ride and POP! Another flat tire?? Are you serious? But this flat tire also turned out to be fortunate as well... We were lucky enough to be near a little town so Sandie and I hopped off the bus and went to a little shop for a snack. Turned into a wonderful snack of sukuti, fried dry meat, and cool drinks with a woman and her son.


Snack with woman and her son Therefore, I have decided that flat tires are actually good luck!

No comments: