September 13, 2007

Uminonakamichi Seaside Park

Ride a panda!Yina took me to the Uminonakamichi Seaside Park. What a fun place; its part amusement park, part traditional Japanese gardens, part zoo and aquarium. One stop shopping for shopping in terms of island amusement parks. And of course, you can ride a giant panda!

The eerie part is that the place is abandoned, seriously I think we were the only people in the whole park. Never have I been the only person on a roller coaster - I think we had to wake the guy up to run the coaster. The roller slides certainly were fun, but oh me arse be hurtin after that one laddie.

The roofless flower museum looked eerily similar to the A-bomb dome in Hiroshima, but it was amazing. There were all shapes and colors of flowers I have never seen before. [mom - you would have loved this one] There actually were fields of flowers everywhere, but still no people.

Great day, thanks Yina.

No comments: