September 26, 2007

dentist

So I had a little bit of a dental problem this week... Not that anyone cares about my dental hygiene...

Ya the dentist was interesting. My gum was irritated by my wisdom tooth, after a couple of days of gargling with whiskey it was clear it was not getting any better. The pain was getting bad enough I was having trouble sleeping... I had visions of getting my wisdom tooth pulled...

So I found this dentist who was new and famous and really good. After lots of pointing at pictures and grunting he opened my mouth and snipped the inflamed gum out. Yes, he just cut it out. Bled like crazy. I really wasn't happy it but its difficult to speak Japanese with a persons hands in your mouth. Once the bleeding slowed, he put some bitter granular stuff on it. Gave me some pain killers and more bitter granular stuff to go and told me to come back tomorrow if it wasn't better.

Surprisingly, it was better. It was also surprisingly cheap, so I brought him a bottle of sho-chu the next day as a thank you for taking me without appointment and struggling in Japanglish.

No comments: