October 1, 2007

The Capsule Hotel

Capsule Hotel Nothing says a "cozy nights sleep" like sleeping in a capsule. Feeling squeamish at the thought of sleeping like a bee in a honeycomb? I was.

Although, claustrophobic types might be a little nervous about the 1m x 1m x 2m sleeping arrangement it actually is a nice setup. There is a TV, alarm clock, radio and fan. Just like sleeping on a twin size bed that has a fiberglass ceiling and walls.

Underwear Vending Machine But in reality, the WellBe Capsule Hotel was quite posh. There is a good-size onsen and bathing area. A dry sauna, a wet medicinal sauna, and a salt sauna. I tried throwing salt around and slapping my belly like a sumo wrestler in the salt sauna but it wasn't for me. My favorite was the medicinal sauna. 50 degC and 70% humidity with Eucalyptus scent and color-changing mood lights.

And nothing says classy like an underwear vending machine.

1 comment:

Kris P. said...

Hey you!! I have been following your travels... sounds like it is an adventure of a lifetime. You are keeping an "OLD" lady entertained with your BLOG... THANKS for taking the time!

An underwear vending machine ?!?!?! Not sure I would have believed that one!

Cheers to you my friend- Kris P.