October 19, 2007

the popup pirate with penalties

Middle of a typhoon, sitting around the tables in Beer Bar Yamashita and my friends and I are playing the popup pirate in a barrel game, this time with penalties. Not a sentence I thought I would ever write...

What is the popup pirate in a barrel game you ask? Its a little plastic barrel with a miniature Sinbad who pops out of the barrel when you insert a sabre into the wrong slot in the barrel. Its a famous kids game in Japan. Throw in a couple beers and an eyeliner pencil for a penalty and you get a crazy fun way to sit through the torrential downpour of a typhoon.

危険な美しさと妹ちゃんfriends

危険な美しさimoto-chan and niiyan-san

1 comment:

Sancho said...

This reminds me of a drinking game a friend of mine made out of "Loopin' Louie" - a kids game I've never seen anywhere else involving token chickens, a maniacal flying farmer and plastic paddles. "False" chickens, "disrespected" chickens, three pages of rules, and endless fun...