October 13, 2007

a relaxing day

niiyan and tomo eating breakfastTomo and Niiyan took me to breakfast at the fish market this morning. Cuttlefish sashimi with ginger. Oishii! Forgot the name but it was squid ink mixed with miso paste. Rice and soup and a couple other veggies and fish. Interesting way to start the day isn't it?

Then they took me for a drive up the coast to an onsen. Reminiscent of the Pacific Coast Highway in California or the beach road in Cannes, sans race cars. Absolutely beautiful drive. The outdoor hot spring (rotemburo) has a view of Mount Esan and a view of the sea. Now that is a relaxing way to clean up for the weekend!

Niiyan shows me his extensive beetle collection! Gigantic beetles from Malaysia, Africa and Japan. Wow!
beetle boy

Americanized Hamubuga dinner!
niiyan and tomo with dinner

I feel like my head is going to explode, too many memories for one day. Thanks Niiyan-san and Tomo-san.

No comments: