October 22, 2007

Señorita Miwa

Feliz Cumpleaños Srta Miwa!

A little background info... Miwa-san is an engaging woman of 31 years who refused to let me speak English after she found out I could speak a little Spanish. Her sisters husband is from Guatemala and so its important to her to be able to speak in the native tongue of this part of her family. I went to a Spanish restaurant a little while back as a tribute to my sister in Mexico. And when Miwa found out I was able to recall a few words that was it. No English. Oi, makes my brain hurt converting Japanish to Japanglish and trying to recall words from over 15 years ago...

Tomo threw a party for Miwa`s 31st birthday. Photo of Señorita Miwa and boyfriend Shunsuke on her birthday. Aren`t they an adorable couple?
Shunsuke and MiwaMiwa and Shunsuke

Dinner was a pot of vegetable stock boiling from a butane burner to which was added Chinese cabbage, mushrooms, onions, sprouts and balls of chicken meat called toridango. Served in a lemon soy sauce daikon radish mixture... Its delicious! And to show my appreciation I ever-so-politely poured it on my leg and the floor. Oi.

Then the Nihonshu and presents and birthday cake got broken out.

Some photos of dinner:
Shimeji to negi to mizuna yasaiNaoyukiYasai to toriniku to nabe to toridango to shiratakiNiiyans belly with ChiharuToridango
and a couple belly shots. Ha tricked you.


Ontanjyobi Omedeto!
Happy Birthday!
Feliz Cumpleaños!

No comments: